Other Local Grants
Other Local Grants
Other Grants Available in the Grinnell Area
Grinnell College is proud to be one of many organizations that support community enhancement projects. Other organizations that lend financial support to local initiatives include:
- Claude W. & Dolly Ahrens Foundation. The Foundation does not accept external requests, but selectively invests in projects that impact the Grinnell Community and its neighboring small communities, especially parks and recreation, education and health.
- Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation. Through the support of local donors, provides selective grants to regional priorities including education, financial aid for students, public libraries, healthcare, arts & culture, public affairs/community development, social services, agriculture/natural resources.
- Grinnell Area Arts Council. Mini-grants for local artists and art projects.
- Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company. While the Grinnell Mutual Foundation supports large initiatives such as the Grinnell Mutual Family Aquatic Center and the Grinnell-Newburg Educational Excellence fund. Grinnell Mutual Community Relations support smaller initiatives on a year-round basis.
- Grinnell-Newburg School Foundation. Academic mini-grants for Grinnell-Newburg initiatives.
- Grinnell Sports Authority. Mini-grants funded by a state of Iowa economic development award, to increase sports tourism. Mini-grants assist groups with the expense of hosting sporting tournaments and events locally. Inquiries can be directed to Kelly Rose at kjohnsonrose[at]grinnelliowa[dot]gov.
- Monsanto Fund. Strengthening farming communities.
- Poweshiek County Alliance. Arts and Culture, Community Affairs/Development, Education, Environment Education & Protection, Health, Historic Preservation, Human Services.