Our health services include:
- Nursing assessments and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Dispensation of free over-the-counter medications
- Testing for pregnancy, HIV, mononucleosis, Strep A, hemoglobin, glucose, and urinalysis
- Dispensation of Plan B (at-cost fee)
- Assistance scheduling appointments with health service providers in the community and region
- Crutches on loan
- Consultation, education, and prevention services
- If you self-administer insulin injections, sharps containers are available free of charge to you through SHACS. Medical waste can then be returned to SHACS to dispose of properly.
In addition to providing a prompt, efficient, caring health regimen, we maintain close working relationships with Unity Point Grinnell Regional Medical Center — the hospital located in Grinnell — and with local health care providers, clinics, and pharmacies.